Saturday, September 25, 2021 | 7pm-Midnight
Live events are coming back to NorthCap! This year, we’re rolling the Taste of North Capitol into Art All Night (AAN) for one big community celebration. Our theme for AAN is So Moved:
So, how do these two events come together?
For the Taste of North Capitol experience, restaurants are invited to team up with a local artist for a special pairing of food and visual or performance art. Performances will take place outside of your restaurant location. For example, think blues and BBQ at DCity Smokehouse, or Dancehall and brown stew chicken at Jam Doung Style. In addition to these pairings, we’re planning to bring back popular Art All Night activities such as the artists market, fashion show, family-friendly community art projects, and the silent disco, all happening in either Mamo’s Lot or at 1st and Florida.
Interesting: tell me more…
Here’s how you can participate:
- Pair up with an artist
- Offer a menu item (food or drink) for attendees to sample, a la Taste of North Capitol.
- If your business is not a restaurant, you can offer an activity, product, or service to pair with an artist.
- We’ll include your venue and offering in the call for artists; they’ll apply to pair with you via an RFP process.
- Performances will be 10-15 min. and occur once during the evening.
- Have at least 10 sq. ft. of space outside of your venue for a performance.
- Be included on our event map:
- Offer a food or happy hour special for the evening.
- Offer free samples during the event, a la Taste of North Capitol.
- Already running a promotion at that time? Tell us and we’ll put you on the map.
- No specials + no pairings = no worries: if you’re staying open for extended hours during the event, tell us and we’ll put you on the map.
- Host an activity
- if your business is not a restaurant, offer to host a family-friendly community art project outside of your space.
- If you’re already planning an event that evening that is open to the community, let us know and we’ll help spread the word.
More details are forthcoming, and we’ll dive into this event at our July 8th business summit. So, please save both dates! In the meantime, please reach out to our program manager, Cristine, with any questions.